E is for ebook


When is a book not a book? Tom Uglow spoke at Port Eliot about the ways in which ebooks and the digital experience could be more interactive than a mere saddle-stitched paperback could ever dream of. Being by nature a bit of a Luddite, I'd yet to fully embrace the virtual book, but I could see that my expectations of what an ebook is (or will be) were very wide of the mark.

I saw it as little more than a PDF of a 'real' book. Another helping of humble pie. please.

There is a wide range of ebook devices and platforms, so many that it's easier for me to provide you with a link than attempt to sound knowledgeable.

Cue Wiki:

As you may recall, I put together my own ebook as an experiment and a way of commoditising some comedy sketches. (And yes, I did use the word 'commoditising' to goad you!)

Mark Coker has created a fantastic tool, enabling any writer to upload a formatted Word doc and hey presto (actual process takes a few more steps) your ebook is born. He has also put together a list of artists who will produce an affordable book cover to your requirements.

So, why am I such a convert to ebooks all of a sudden?

The image above is a bit of a clue and more will be revealed around October 14th.







4 comments:

  1. I can't find much about this book on your blog. Where can I learn more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rosen, this link tells you all you need to know and includes an excerpt:
    http://tinyurl.com/TheSilentHills

    ReplyDelete
  3. The except is very intriguing.
    The website isn't very clear about format. You hinted above, that it's an eBook; is it also available in print?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Rosen! The Silent Hills is not in print yet, but may form part of an anthology in the future.

    If print's your thing, you can find my tale Rogue in Beyond the Horizon:
    http://www.bamboccionibooks.com/titles.html

    There's also a gem of a story, The Wanderer, published as a standalone story by A Word with You Press: http://www.awordwithyoupress.com

    ReplyDelete