As the edit to end all edits trundles along, I'm finding that those old project management skills are worth their weight in spreadsheets.
One of the trickiest activities has been choosing the cover design. Now, thanks to the generosity of my former editor and designer at Saga Whyte Press, Annemarie Skjold, that's no longer an issue.
I was contracted to SWP in 2008, but they felt victim to the economic downturn. I always loved her cover design and I'm thrilled to be able to use it for what will be my first novel in print.
With that box gladly ticked, I can turn my attention to the 101 things that still need to be done.
- Confirm the list of people to thank.
- Complete the all-singing, all-dancing edit.
- Arrange the formatting to conform to Lightning Source's requirements.
- Format the ebook version.
- Promote, promote, promote!
- Buy large bar of chocolate to celebrate launch day (currently scheduled for Aug / Sep).
I'm also researching on the web for every scrap of useful information, and I'm indebted to Nicola Morgan's blog for this gem.